Tuesday 29 September 2015

Restored





You show me that I'm adequate
still i feel as if I'm not
This disbelief is taunting me, doubt keeps haunting me
But these lies are promises not

Aware of this I seek to find
The meaning, my meaning... this strife
Where could it be? Please show me where to find it ...this dictionary to life...
Please help me to define this:  who am I? Cut me with your knife...

Slowly but surely, I feel you warmly
Peeling back, layer by layer by layer
Calling out the what's-holding-me
Looking past the flaws, drawing out the gold in me...

I try to reciprocate, I feel I fall short
But you pick me up again and again and with a deep penetrative word you affirm me...
"You are good enough.", you said, and as I clutched that, I swallowed the knob in my throat...
I am good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment